This is a section for peer mentors all over the world to reference to for various communications.
Peer services need to be funded & expanded. An increase in peer services would solve a lot of economic problems.
- If there were more peer services, individuals with disabilities would not be as reliant on costly human service programs.
- Empowerment brings responsibility, so people will learn to handle responsibility as a challenge, a therapy.
- Relapse is less likely to happens because people know what to do when crisis strikes.
- Peer services employment programs are designed to ease people off SSI.
- Many people, when educated properly, won't even see it as a crisis.
- Potentially individuals on SSI who become full-time peer workers would no longer need income from SSA.
- More peers working would help to decrease stigma associated with disabilities.
- If individuals have peer support services they are more likely to obtain and maintain employment.
- Peer services make up for places where educators fall short.
- With the reduction in stigma and the added support of peer services, employers may be more likely to hire individuals with disabilities.
- With the guidance people get from peer services, they can make better decisions.
- A lot of people have trouble keeping records and staying organized. A peer mentor could help with that.
- A lot of people have trouble with keeping an account and budgeting. A peer mentor could help in that field.
- A lot of people have trouble with daily function, a peer worker can help with that.
- A peer worker can help to keep America functioning productively, thriving.
Current medications need to be continually improved.
Philosophy & spirituality can really help some individuals with improving their mental health.
- Helping people with spiritual needs will help them focus on service to humanity. This will benefit the workplace and their well-being, their personal medicine. Spirituality can also automate the counseling process because self-discipline is formed in the nature of a spiritual practice, such as Tai Chi, meditation and fasting.
- Activities one can do to decalcify the pineal gland as with all healthy spirituality can help bring about guidance from within, and make all depression vanish. A peer mentor attuned to this type of spirituality can act to aid in the process to produce a more respectful person. We know that transforming someone from feeling helpless to wanting to serve is the goal, and this way is most effective. In all my observations, I haven't seen anyone work with more fervor than people who had a deep purpose, who understood their role in society. This is what spirituality does.
- It may be helpful for landlords to restructure and organize their tenants based on work schedules. Shift-oriented apartment buildings will allow for quiet-time hours. Tenants will get the proper sleep they need so they will be less likely to lose their jobs. The less tenants losing their jobs, the less likely they will skip on rent. The happier tenants are, the less likely they will damage property.
Suggestions? Send feedback